So I am slowly coming back into the game. And because I was a bit behind with the dev blogs I mean most of the stuff they talk about are really null sec stuff which bores me to death so not much for me to read there.
I noticed that they now no longer doing the 14 Day trials but have moved it to 30 days!
I like it CCP I like it a lot.
I know you love to think that you understand your users of new pilots to this game. You have to remember that some things that come with trial account will be effecting the player’s game play if they have 30 days now.
This is the current restrictions according to your wiki and my thoughts on it:
What are the trial account limitations and why were they put in place?
Trial account limitations were introduced as trial accounts were not being used as intended, to try the game, but instead to launder ISK and transfer stolen items between accounts etc.
Trial account limitations are necessary to prevent misuse.
Trial account characters cannot:
- Post on the forums – except in EVE New Citizens Q&A
- Use the Contracts system
- Start training skill queues of unlimited time length. The skill queue is limited to 24 hours for trial accounts.
- Transfer corporation money to other players
Ok so that’s kind of simple right? I mean people misused trial accounts in EVE Online. They needed restrictions. Kind of makes sense to me. I just don’t see the point of the first bullet point.
I mean you’re new and want to find a corporation to join and seeing as there is a forum category for corporation recruitment would it not be useful to be able to post in there? Maybe not create a thread but I would give them access to post in recruitment. They might have questions to the corporation advertising in there.
The only problem I see here is trial account bumping to keep your thread on top but at least your real trial accounts can ask questions.
If this is stupid then I would make a new player corporation recruitment category in EVE New Citizens section where corporations that are trial account friendly can advertise.
You want people to join corporations early to keep retention high. Make it easier to join and find corporations. Don’t restrict them from finding a corp. You can’t use the in game recruitment channel its crap and you can’t use the corporation advert way because that is crap as well.
Trial account characters can only:
- Post a new eve-mail every minute, that is one mail per minute
- Send roughly 3 messages in a row through in-game channels, a 7 second delay is then put on the user’s next message
- Only create a maximum of five corporation applications
- Create fleet finder adverts
- Directly transferring ISK to other characters or corporations
- Exchanging ISK through direct station trading
- Join any of the default trade chat channels
- Exchange ISK through direct station trading.
- Accept missions from agents of level 3 and higher.
- Join Factional Warfare.
- Receive rewards for participating in Incursions.
Ok nothing bad here. I would keep it the same.
Also, they cannot train the following skills:
- Armor: Capital Remote Armor Repair Systems, Capital Remote Hull Repair Systems, Capital Repair Systems
- Corporation Management: Starbase Defense Management, Empire Control, Megacorp Management, Sovereignty
- Drones: Amarr Drone Specialization, Caldari Drone Specialization, Gallente Drone Specialization, Minmatar Drone Specialization, Fighters, Fighter Bombers
- Electronic Systems: Cloaking, Projected Electronic Counter Measures, Tactical Logistics Reconfiguration
- Engineering: Advanced Weapon Upgrades, Capital Capacitor Emission Systems,
- Capital Gunnery skills: Capital Energy Turret, Capital Hybrid Turret, Capital Projectile Turret, Doomsday Operation, Tactical Weapon Reconfiguration,
- Large Gunnery Specialization: Large Blaster Specialization, Large Railgun Specialization, Large Autocannon Specialization, Large Artillery Specialization, Large Beam Laser Specialization, Large Pulse Laser Specialization
- Medium Gunnery Specialization: Medium Blaster Specialization, Medium Railgun Specialization, Medium Autocannon Specialization, Medium Artillery Specialization, Medium Pulse Laser Specialization, Medium Beam Laser Specialization
- SmallGunnery Specialization: Small Blaster Specialization, Small Railgun Specialization, Small Autocannon Specialization, Small Artillery Specialization, Small Beam Laser Specialization, Small Pulse Laser Specialization
- Leadership: Fleet Command, Wing Command
- Missiles: Citadel Cruise Missiles, Citadel Torpedoes, Cruise Missile Specialization, Heavy Assault Missile Specialization, Heavy Missile Specialization, Light Missile Specialization, Rocket Specialization
- Navigation: Cynosural Field Theory, Jump Drive Calibration, Jump Drive Operation, Jump Fuel Conservation, Jump Portal Generation
- Neural Enhancement: Advanced Infomorph Psychology
- Planet Management: Advanced Planetology
- Production: Advanced Mass Production, Capital Ship Construction, Drug Manufacturing
- Resource Processing: Deep Core Mining
- Science: Astronautic Engineering, Molecular Engineering, Advanced Laboratory Operation
- Spaceship Command:
- Assault Frigates, Electronic Attack Ships, Interceptors , Covert Ops
- Heavy Interdiction Cruisers, Heavy Assault Cruisers, Logistics, Recon Ships
- Amarr/Caldari/Gallente/Minmatar Strategic Cruiser
- Amarr/Caldari/Gallente/Minmatar Command Ships
- Amarr/Caldari/Gallente/Minmatar Marauders, Black Ops
- Mining Barge, Exhumers
- Amarr/Caldari/Gallente/Minmatar Transport Ships
- Amarr/Caldari/Gallente/Minmatar Freighter, Jump Freighters
- ORE Industrial, Industrial Command Ships, Capital Industrial Ships
- Advanced Spaceship Command, Capital Ships, Amarr/Caldari/Gallente/Minmatar Carrier, Amarr/Caldari/Gallente/Minmatar Dreadnought, Amarr/Caldari/Gallente/Minmatar Titan
- Amarr/Caldari/Gallente/Minmatar Defensive Systems
- Amarr/Caldari/Gallente/Minmatar Engineering Systems
- Amarr/Caldari/Gallente/Minmatar Offensive Systems
- Amarr/Caldari/Gallente/Minmatar Propulsion Systems
- Amarr/Caldari/Gallente/Minmatar Electronic Systems
- Trade: Contracting, Corporation Contracting, Margin Trading, Wholesale, Retail, Tycoon
Ok so I have highlighted some here for you that need to change. I mean its 30 Days now.
You want to do PVP and join a good PVP corp they going to tell you 2 things.
Get T2 Guns first. Get frigate lvl 5 and assault frigate to 4 but with the restrictions you can’t get T2 Guns or Missiles and you can’t get T2 Frigates.
You can’t get T2 Drones. So if you mining in a Venture you can’t get the T2 Drones to help you kill the rats faster? Huh?
You also stuck in a venture. I can get into a mining barge in 30 days. Why would you keep them in a venture? At least allow them into a mining barge.
O and you know that when you do the industrial training agent missions… you get a transporter at the end as a gift….
Yah that right a transporter you cannot use!
I think CCP if you read this. Please have a look at new player restrictions. You might give them more time but with some restrictions you might just be making them more angry than good.